Enable junior and middle managers to develop their skillset to be able to contribute to the strategic direction of the function or business.
It’s one of the most common reasons leaders don’t delegate complex work to their teams. “They don’t think strategically enough”. But what is strategic thinking and how can the skill be learnt? This workshop explores the ‘golden thread’- the link from vision, values and purpose through to the day to day activity. It introduces common strategic models and some thinking activities designed to initiate creative and big thinking that can be replicated in the working environment long after the workshop is over.
This programme is ideal for junior and middle managers to develop their skillset to be able to contribute to the strategic direction of the function or business. It’s also effective as a pre-cursor for reviewing your strategy and also to support the delivery of a pre-determined strategy. Talk to us for more details if this is your situation.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Articulate what is meant by strategic thinking, strategy and where it ‘fits’.
- Have knowledge of tools and processes to aid strategy setting.
- Think differently through the use of problem-solving techniques.
- Understand how their role and responsibilities contribute to the strategy.
1. Exploration of where strategy fits within organisational design (the golden thread).
2. Introduction to / Refresher of Strategic Thinking Models such as PESTLE, SWOT and Porter’s 5 Forces.
3. Problem solving skills including challenger questions method.
4. Discussion around own organisation’s strategy and delegates’ role(s) in its delivery.
3-hour online sessions, using Zoom.
What delegates say
“The information was helpful and informative, as was the presentation and workbook. Really enjoyed the full session. The interaction was also great throughout.”
“I thought that Mike did an excellent job of keeping us all engaged, he ran at a great pace and also had the right tone and manner, he was also very open and honest ”
About the trainer
Nicola Callan is a skills and engagement coach, facilitator, and trainer. Working in and around contact centres for most of her career, she understands which skills can make the biggest difference to performance, motivation and customer experience and delivers sessions that leave delegates with the confidence and ability to be even better at what they do.
Pick a date below and fill in the booking form to reserve your place and places for colleagues. We will raise an invoice, so if you need to provide a purchase order number, please do so in the form or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is it for?
Managers and Team Leaders (or those aspiring to those roles) who would benefit from thinking more strategically, so that they can effectively help create, shape or implement a strategy.
Why should you go?
To lift your head from the day to day activity and have the space to think bigger, longer term and in a more visionary way.
How much is it?
CCMA members: £299*
Additional discounts available for group bookings