Great businesses can be relied upon to provide a consistent level of service that is inclusive of all their customers. How best do we achieve this when some of our customers might have more challenges in communicating and making informed decisions because they are vulnerable in some way? This interactive workshop will help Contact Centre agents be better able to recognise all types of vulnerability and be more flexible in their approach, enabling them to align with customers and meet their needs more effectively.
Both giving and receiving feedback are crucial for personal development, motivation and job satisfaction yet the act of giving feedback is one that many people avoid, for fear of conflict arising. It can be tough being on the receiving end too – if it’s positive we tend to dismiss it and if it’s constructive it can be hard to hear.
This Feedback Skills workshop starts by dipping into the psychology of feedback to help us understand why we feel and react the way we do. It teaches delegates how to give feedback in such a way that enables and empowers the recipient, without causing undue worry in advance. And it gives tips on how to invite, receive and act on feedback graciously.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Understand the impact of feedback on self and self-development.
- Understand some psychology of feedback and how to use this to overcome obstacles when delivering and receiving feedback.
- Know how to use a range of models when giving feedback – and how to adapt your approach when feeding back remotely.
- Learn how to invite, receive and process feedback.
1. Introduction to psychology of feedback including the dunning-kruger effect, chemical reactions to feedback and cognitive biases.
2. Reflections on personal experiences of feedback.
3. Feedback models and an exploration of the benefits and drawbacks of each.
4. Best practice on giving and receiving feedback face to face and remotely.
3-hour online sessions, using Zoom.
How to book
Please complete the form below to book your place and places for colleagues. We will raise an invoice, so if you need to provide a purchase order number, please do so in the form or email it to email@example.com.
Book your place(s)
Where and when?
Date: Tue 2 Mar 2021
Time: 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Who is it for?
Anyone who has to give feedback on a regular basis, especially Team Leaders, Coaches, Quality Assessors, Contact Centre Managers or people aspiring to these roles.
Why should you go?
So that you never dread, over-think or avoid giving feedback again.
How much is it?
CCMA members: £299*
Additional discounts available for group bookings
About the trainer
Nicola Callan is a skills and engagement coach, facilitator, and trainer. Working in and around contact centres for most of her career, she understands which skills can make the biggest difference to performance, motivation and customer experience and delivers sessions that leave delegates with the confidence and ability to be even better at what they do.