‘Why don’t customers do as we ask? How to write more effectively in the contact centre
Everyone can write – and write well – at work. They just need clarity and confidence about the best way to do it. But it’s confusing; every manager says something different::
- “That’s not right; sound more professional”
- “That’s not right; make it longer and more businesslike”
- “That’s not right; sound more formal”
- “That’s not right; fluff it up a bit”
No wonder people aren’t confident.
After this virtual training course Team Leaders and managers and front line staff will be more effective when they communicate with customers – and colleagues too. It works for emails, social media, livechat, standard letters – any type of written communication.
Working – live – on your own material
We’ll work – live – on improving your own customer-facing material too. Send an example of your contact centre’s writing you’re happy to share and we’ll work on a couple of examples from the group and show you how to improve them in real time.
You’ll understand the huge impact that more human written communication has and the role it can play in reducing complaints, callbacks and queries – as well as building better working relationships.
We’ll get you and your team writing faster, better and with confidence.
Topics we’ll cover
- How written communication really works
- Why doing more thinking means you can write less with more impact
- Understanding your audience – who are they and what matters to them
- How do people really read and understand – and how little in-depth time they give your material
- Why simple, informal and human is best – how to avoid sounding like a robot
- How to structure communication using customers’ unspoken questions
- How to beat basic grammar and spelling mistakes
- How to stop sounding like someone’s parent when you’re writing
- What matters to customers when you’re communicating with them
- Objective writing scoring and how it can help
- The responsibilities of being an expert and why you may feel you’re dumbing down
3-hour online sessions, using Zoom.
How to book
Please complete the form below to book your place and places for colleagues. We will raise an invoice, so if you need to provide a purchase order number, please do so in the form or email it to email@example.com.
Book your place(s)
Where and when?
Date: Thu 25 Mar 2021
Time: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Who is it for?
Contact Centre Managers, Team Managers, Team members and anyone who writes to customers in a contact centre.
Why should you go?
To turn writing from a necessary drudge into a superpower.
How much is it?
CCMA members: £299*
Additional discounts available for group bookings
Rubuss specialises in using human-centred thinking to help organisations work better with their customers.