Most organisations are on a constant journey of change and transformation. To stay relevant in a changing world and ever-evolving markets this has to be the case. Contact centres are no exception.
In point of fact, the contact centre is usually one of the fastest-changing parts of any organisation, given it’s the most prominent means of contact with the outside world, and often the first proving ground for new business techniques and new technologies.
While change, for some, is exciting and an opportunity to be grasped, for others it is scary and to be pushed back on. In this course we learn how managers can implement change by understanding the personalities of all those affected by it, and applying the most appropriate response in each case.
This workshop explores how to take conscious control of the change process and learn how to communicate effectively during periods of change. It will assist in bringing employees on the journey with you, helping them to see change as a progressive evolution and to minimise confusion and motivational blocks.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Develop strategies to support people through periods of change.
- Coach around the change curve, understanding the sphere of influence.
- Adapt and develop effective leadership communication during change.
- Create clear and relevant messages to ensure they are readily received.
- Understand the change process and gain insight into where team members are on the change curve.
- Devise a consolidated action plan to implement in the workplace.
Benefits to your business
- Enhanced buy-in during periods of change ensures navigation through change is smoother and minimises disruption to work flow.
- Bringing the team on board is vital to maintaining a motivated and engaged workforce during change periods.
- Workplace culture benefits as we align how we would like to operate and be perceived as an organisation (i.e. that we are collaborative and communicative) with how we function in practice.
Management of change – the change curve
Change is inevitable in the contact centre environment. Explore the impact of change on the individual and how people typically react and respond.
Spheres of influence
Explore the three spheres of influence to help understand what is in your control and what is not. Identify what concerns you and the limits and opportunities there are during change.
Coaching through the change process
As both coach and coachee – how best to listen, ask questions, identify support needs and development opportunities.
Planning for change
Using the 4 Ps, identify how to plan effectively for change. Consider your communication strategy and how to get the message across effectively.
Identify the strengths and opportunities that change can bring, as well as analyse and mitigate against the weaknesses and threats that can be identified. Create an action plan for success.
About the trainer
Sophia is a qualified tutor, trainer and psychotherapist with 30 years’ experience working across the public, private, voluntary and FE sectors. As a senior trainer with BPA, she works closely with clients to deliver impactful solutions that drive customer excellence. Her work is influenced and underpinned by a career-driven philosophy that human connection and the strength of our relationships sit at the heart of both business and personal success.
What delegates say
“The training delivery from Jacqui was absolutely excellent. I also liked that I have been provided with several different coaching tools which can be applicable for multiple circumstances.”
Pick a date below and fill in the booking form to reserve your place and places for colleagues. We will raise an invoice, so if you need to provide a purchase order number, please do so in the form or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3-hour online session using Zoom or Teams.
Who is it for?
This training is useful for organisations undergoing change and is suitable for Contact Centre Leaders, Operations managers and other managers involved in organisational change initiatives.
Why should you go?
To explore how to take conscious control of the change process and learn how to communicate effectively during periods of change.
How much is it?
CCMA members: £299*
Additional discounts available for group bookings