Are you a small contact centre operation that is looking to improve your forecasting and scheduling?
Workforce planning is more important now than ever. With changing shift patterns to adapt to changing colleague needs, getting your scheduling right and working for your operation is critical.
Even the smallest of centres need to appreciate where the peaks and troughs in their demand occur, so that they can resource the centre effectively, including scheduling of offline activities and holidays. Without an accurate forecast and visibility of where your resource is needed and scheduled at any given time, decisions about how to respond to changing demands are based on instinct rather than facts, and could be doing more harm than good.
This course will help those centres without a WFM solution to build models to improve their understanding of the demand in their centres, track metrics and produce valuable information for the operation to manage resource effectively.
If your centre has been planning using intuition and now you want to produce data to support your decisions and check the accuracy of assumptions, then this very practical course will help you improve short, medium and long term planning outputs, track shrinkage and forecast accuracy, produce agent requirements, identify periods of under/over staffing and predict service levels. Delegates will learn about the challenges of Real Time Management, the importance of accurate shrinkage measurements, and of tracking advisors’ use of activity codes.
This is a highly practical two-part virtual training course only available for a maximum of 6 delegates. We will use simple Excel models which the delegates can take away to adapt and develop to meet the needs of your centre.
Ideally, delegates should:
- Have some prior knowledge and experience of resource planning
- Have basic Microsoft Excel skills – the course is not designed for those with Intermediate/Advanced skills
- Have an understanding of how current schedules are produced
- Previously attended Introduction to Resource Planning workshop
By the end of this course attendees will be able to:
- Forecast contact volume and AHT
- Track forecast accuracy
- Track shrinkage and measurements
- Schedule to meet demand and optimise offline activities
- Predict service levels
- Understand the importance of tracking occupancy and aux codes
- Forecast agent requirements
- Produce summary data for operation including “Hotspots”
Benefits to your business
Give your operation a clear understanding of the fluctuating demand in a small centre, as well as the tools to support decisions and identify areas needing focus and attention.
Provide your managers with the data to manage resources effectively, and address issues that may have previously gone unnoticed, ensuring that business needs are met and advisor workload is balanced and adequately resourced.
Two 3-hour online sessions with delegates reviewing models and raising questions after each session.
- Forecasting Models long term down to intraday
- Overview of trend analysis and growth
- Modelling Average Handle Time – tracking and predicting by intraday
- Weighted Averages
- Forecast Accuracy Tracking
- Intraday Demand Profiling
- Shrinkage Tracking & Measurements
- Occupancy & Aux Code tracking
- Producing Agent Requirements by Intraday
- Scheduling shifts & Offline Activities to meet predicted demand
- Predicting Service Levels
- Producing Summary for Operation Communication
About the trainer
What delegates say
“The training provided enabled me to learn new and refresh existing techniques used in my day-to-day role and the information my team provides to stakeholders. It allowed me the opportunity to digest and consider how we manage current models and how we could improve on them to support our efficiency and data management to help with future planning.”
Pick a date below and fill in the booking form to reserve your place and places for colleagues. We will raise an invoice, so if you need to provide a purchase order number, please do so in the form or email it to email@example.com.
Two x 3-hour online sessions on Tuesday & Wednesday using Zoom or Teams.
Who is it for?
Planners, team leaders or managers in small centres (up to about 30 agents) with limited experience and with no access to Workforce Management software.
Why should you go?
To improve your forecasting and scheduling models and outputs, making sure you can deliver on your CX promises while optimising your use of staff and resources.
How much is it?
CCMA members: £449*
Additional places £399*
Additional places £449*